Welcome to the resources page for The Fighter’s Guide To Hard-Core Heavy Bag Training. Here you can find the information mentioned in the book, but also a lot more.
Where to buy?
You can get the book in paper and ebook at Amazon and the other retailers in this list here below.
Available at :
There is a professionally shot and edited video available as a complement to this book. It brings to live a lot of the content from the book, but adds even more things that couldn’t be put on paper. My goal for this project was to offer both book and video as a set, so they are designed to complement each other. You can buy it here.
Here is a preview:
In the book, I point to this resources page for additional information. Everything is listed here below per chapter. As time goes by, I will add more content to this page. All products are listed for your convenience only, as a starting point to help you buy the equipment you are looking for. I do not endorse any of these products or brands, unless specifically stated.
Chapter 1: Kinetic Energy: Five Types of Impact
- All five types of impact are demonstrated in this video: Combat Sanshou: Striking video
Chapter 2: Heavy Bag: How to Chose One and Take Care of It
Types of heavy bags:
- Large bag, high end.
- Large bag, economy priced.
- Medium bag, high end.
- Medium bag, economy priced.
- Small bag, high end.
- Small bag, economy priced.
- Angled bag
- Teardrop bag
- Double-end bag
- Water-filled bag
- Hydrocore bag
- Free-standing bag
- Body Opponent Bag
- Combination grappling dummy/heavy bag
- Body Action System
- Nexersys Pro, extreme price
- How to refill a heavy bag without having to empty it first:
Chapter 2: How to Attach a Heavy Bag
- Wall mount, high end.
- Wall mount, economy priced.
- Heavy bag stand, weights.
- Professional heavy stand.
- Commercial grade heavy bag stand
- A-frame stand.
- Ceiling mount, wooden beam
- Ceiling mount, concrete, high end.
- Ceiling mount, concrete, economy priced
- Ceiling mount, I-beam
- Ceiling mount, hanger strap
- Chain and snap hooks
Chapter 4: Nuts and Bolts
Chapter 5: Basic and Advanced Training Concepts for the Heavy Bag
- Some light work on the heavy bag
- Freestyle Heavy Bag Training:
- Reverse Pyramid Interval Training:
- Various set ups and preparations for the leg kick.
- MMA training on the heavy bag
- Freestyle Kuntao Silat Training on the Heavy Bag:
Chapter 11: Precision Hitting Enhancers
I hope you enjoyed this resources section.
Before you go: If you want to be notified right away when I publish a new book or when I’m discounting one, sign up here.
Don’t forget to click the link in the confirmation mail you’ll get.