Welcome to the resources page for The Leg Kick: Your Ultimate Guide to Using The Leg Kick for Mixed Martial Arts. Here you can find the information mentioned in the book, but also a lot more.
Where to buy?
You can get the book in paper and electronic version at Amazon and the other retailers in this list here below.
Throughout the book, I pointed to this resources page for additional information. Everything is listed here below per chapter. As time goes by, I will add more content to this page.
Some of these links are affiliate links. I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you, should you buy the item
Chapter 1: Fundamental principles
- Hardcore Heavy Bag Training book
- Combat Sanshou: Striking video
- Bouncing impact vs. Penetrating impact: https://youtu.be/FW6SGAEycXo
Chapter 5: The hips
- The danger of the half-hip turn is that, when not used properly, it exposes you to counters as you need to come close enough to use it:
Chapter 8: Unorthodox variations:
- Justin Gaethje using the leg kick in the clinch:
Chapter 10: Drills
- Affordable Shin guards and foot guards
- High quality Fairtex shin guards
- Solid Fairtex Thai Pads:
- Affordable kicking shield
- Solid kicking shield
- Thigh pads: These are expensive, but you can train in the most realistic fashion with them.
Chapter 11: How to defend against the leg kick
Chapter 12: Basic tactics
- One fighter uses good basics to land the leg kick, the other doesn’t…
- Poor timing and leading with the leg kick vs. setting it up correctly and using penetrating impact
- The reason why you don’t lead with the leg kick…
Chapter 14: Case studies
- Changpuek Kiatsongrit and Rick Roufus:
- José Aldo Vs. Urijah Faber
- Here’s an interview with Uriah the day after the fight, when he’s still on crutches.
I hope you enjoyed this resources section.
Before you go: If you want to be notified first when I publish a new book or when I’m discounting one, sign up here: